For September, in which New Zealand has the presidency of the UN Security Council, the MAP provides recommendations on the situations in Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia, and Mali, as well as migrant smuggling and trafficking.
- Address the differentiated rights and concerns of women, men, girls and boys, in the context of deliberate targeting by armed groups, and further ensure women’s security and freedom of movement by protecting and promoting international human rights and humanitarian law (SCR 2242 (2015));
- Ensure women’s participation in all efforts to establish peace in Afghanistan, including in peace jirgas and in any negotiations with all armed groups, so as not to undermine progress made in protecting women’s human rights and removing barriers to women’s participation in public life;
- Support women’s protection and full and equal participation in the October 2016 parliamentary elections, including by ensuring temporary female security personnel are contracted to staff polling stations and female candidates are afforded same levels of protection as their male counterparts; and
- Ensure the full implementation of the National Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security (NAP) as a critical step in elevating women as full and equal partners in creating a stable future for the country.
- Measures which ensure women’s full and equal participation in the strategic dialogue on MONUSCO’s progressive withdrawal, as well as all disarmament, justice, and security sector reform efforts;
- Strategies which aim to protect women, men, girls and boys from SGBV, including coordinated monitoring and analysis arrangements to track SGBV, availability of comprehensive, multi-sectoral services for survivors, and deployment of women’s protection advisers (WPAs);
- Efforts to engage civil society and women’s organizations in monitoring and implementing the PSC Framework; and
- Status of an evaluation of the Great Lakes Women’s Platform, to ensure inclusive, participative, transparent and accountable processes in the future of the platform.